Starrett Pink Granite Surface Plate, 36" x 48" Grade A Inspection - 80713
Crystal Pink Granite Surface Plates are accurate for use in metrology labs and durable enough for the shopfloor. The pink color is due to very high crystalline quartz content. Even distribution of large quartz crystals provides a smooth finish. Plates meet or exceed 50 lb per square foot (24kg per 1,000 sq cm) load bearing specifications and U S Federal Specification GGG-P-463c for flatness.
- Accurate for use in metrology laboratories and wear resistant for use in abrasive shop environments
- The finest, most durable granite surface plate available to industry today
- The name is derived from the fact that it has the highest crystalline quartz content of any granite surface plate
- Even distribution of large quartz crystals provides a smooth finish, which significantly reduces wear on the surface plate and the instruments used on it
- Fine micro-finish, combined with the natural voids in the surface, prevents wringing and provides a velvety-smooth tool action
- Non-quartz-bearing granite in average daily use requires resurfacing about once a year, while Crystal Pink® plates used in these same plants have required resurfacing only once every three to five years, on average.
- Meets or exceeds U.S. Federal Specification GGG-P-463c for flatness
- Great surface hardness and wear resistance – the highest percentage of quartz crystals of any granite plate
- Smooth, jewel-like quartz bearing points protect accuracy and finish of both the surface and the tools used on it
- Quality and economy combined
- Comparable to black granite plates while outwearing them as much as 5 to 1
- Meets or exceeds 50 lb per square foot (24kg per 1,000 sq. cm) load bearing specifications. Available in 100 lb (45kg) test series
- Standard-size plates are mounted on resilient support pads, providing isolation from normal vibration and a non-distorting 3-point suspension.
- Packed one per crate with skids for forklift handling.
Meets or exceeds Ferderal Specifications for flatness right to each edge. Smooth, jewel-like quartz bearing points protect accuracy and finish of both surfaces and tools used on it. Meets or exceeds 50 lbs. per square foot load bearing specification. Competes directly with Black Granite Plates while outlasting them as much as 5 to 1
Grade A is equal to inspection grade. It is specified typically for general work in quality control. Inspection grade 50 millionths TIR (Total Indicator Reading).
Grade B is equal to toolroom grade. It is specified typically for production checking work throughout the shop. Toolroom grade, 100 millionths TIR.
Registered Accuracy: Before shipment, each Starrett granite surface plate must pass a critical final inspection to prove that its entire surface is within specified tolerance.
Click Here for Starrett Surface Plate Stands