Monarch Instrument Nova-Strobe DAX Digital Portable AC Powered Stroboscopes
The Nova-Strobe series represents the latest in portable stroboscope technology. The DAX offers powerful features for both diagnostic inspection and speed measurements. Lightweight and bright with flash rates to 20,000 flashes per minute, these strobes are comfortable to hold and easy to operate.
The DAX AC powered stroboscope (115 or 230 Vac) is designed for continuous cool operation, and weighs only 1.5 lbs. (0.68 kg).
DAX includes: Stroboscope and NIST certificate
DAX Kit includes: Stroboscope, Spare Lamp, Latching Carrying Case and NIST certificate.
- Flash rates from 30 to 20,000 flashes per minute, adjustable in 0.1 step increments, the coarse/fine adjustment knob makes it quick and easy to set the exact flash rate you want. The all digital controlled microprocessor keeps readings rock steady
- dax Kit, includes carry case and spare lamp
- Internal phase shifting allows the target to be jogged clockwise or counter clockwise in 5° increments
- Times 2 and divide by 2 push buttons allow easy checking for actual RPM, harmonics and allow stop motion far beyond the 20,000 fpm limit
- Store and recall up to 6 user selectable values. Last measurement memory, even with the power off
- Flash rate may be displayed in Flashes per Minute (FPM) or Flashes per Second (Hz)
- Individual input and output TTL jacks (1/8 inch phone) provides power to remote sensors and allows "daisy-chaining" of multiple strobes. A Tachometer mode allows accurate speed measurement up to 250,000 RPM using external sensors.
- NIST Certificate of Calibration included
|Range Flashes/Minute||30-20,000 FPM/RPM|
|Accuracy/Resolution||0.004% of setting or +/- 1 lsd / 0.01 FPM|
|Flash/Energy Duration||230 mJoule (10-25 usec)|
|Flash Tube & Life (typical)||100 million flashes|
|External Trigger (1/8" Phone Jack)||TTL (24V Max Provides 5V out|
|Tachometer Mode||5-250,000 RPM|
|Operating Time||Continuous (AC powered)|
|Size (L x W x H)||Body: 9" x 3.66" x 3.56" |
(229 x 93 x 90 mm);
Reflector Housing: 4.8" (122 mm) diameter;
Handle: 4.25" (108 mm) long
|Power||115 Vac, 50-400 Hz or 220-240 Vac, 50-400 Hz|
|Weight||1.5 lbs. (0.68 kg)|
Click to view the Instruction Manual