Mobil Vactra #2 Way Oil (1 Gallon) - 990-262-4
The Mobil Vactra™ Oil Numbered Series are premium-quality slideway lubricants specifically designed to meet the requirements for accuracy, aqueous coolant separability, and equipment protection of precision machine tools.
The Mobil Vactra Oil Numbered Series is carefully formulated from high-quality base stocks and performance balanced with an advanced additive system that provides controlled frictional properties, compatibility with aqueous metal working fluids and corrosion protection of parts and equipment. The unique additive package provides exceptional frictional properties on a wide variety of way materials, including steel on steel and steel on polymer, reducing stick-slip and chatter. This allows smooth, uniform motion at design travel speeds enhancing machine productivity and accuracy helping to prolong tool life and enhance surface finish. The Mobil Vactra Oil Numbered Series has been optimized to provide separability from many aqueous coolants while minimizing the corrosive effects of high pH coolants on lubricated surfaces.
Features and Benefits:
- The Mobil Vactra Oil Numbered Series has been developed and specifically designed to provide an extra margin of machinery protection by satisfying the stringent demands of slide ways.
- The oils exhibit excellent lubricity and load-carrying performance contributing significantly to improving the production of quality parts.
- The Mobil Vactra Oil Numbered Series provides separability from many water and aqueous coolants reducing the potential negative effects of cross contamination which helps to enhance the service life and performance of both the lubricant and coolant.
Advantages and Potential Benefits:
|Feature||Advantages and Benefits|
|Controlled Frictional Characteristics||Helps eliminate stick slip; allows consistently accurate machining|
|Multi-material Capabilities||Suitable for a wide range of way material combinations allowing for product consolidation|
|Water and Aqueous Coolant Separability||Helps improve the life and performance of many aqueous coolants|
|Adhesiveness||Prevents removal of lubricant from critical surfaces|
|Long Term Rust and Corrosion Protection||Helps reduce the deterioration of sliding surfaces in the presence of water and aqueous coolants|
- Mobil Vactra Oil Numbered Series products are recommended for the lubrication of machine tool slideway systems. They are designed for use with combinations of cast iron, steel and non-metallic way materials. Mobil Vactra Oil Numbered Series may be applied by hand, forced-feed lubricator or in flood application by circulation system.
- Mobil Vactra Oil No. Series of products are suitable for use in applications that require Fives Cincinnati specifications P53, P47, and P50.
- Mobil Vactra Oil No. 2 are recommended for horizontal slideways on small to medium size machine tools. They are also suitable for circulating application in large machines and as a moderate duty hydraulic fluid
- Mobil Vactra Oil Numbered Series can be used for lubrication of ball screws, linear guides, headstocks, translating screws
- Mobil Vactra Oil Numbered Series is recommended for applications where oil contamination of the aqueous coolants shortens coolant batch life.
|Mobil Vactra Oil Numbered Series||No. 2|
|ISO Viscosity Grade||68|
|cSt @ 40 C, ASTM D445||68|
|Flash Point, ASTM D92, °C||228|
|Pour Point, ASTM D97, °C||-18|
|Copper Strip Corrosion, ASTM D 130C, 3 h||1B|
|Rust Protection, ASTM D 665B||Pass|
|FZG Load Support, ISO 14635, Fail Stage||13|
Click to download the Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS)